pinkedits-3pinkedits-2pinkedits-4 pinkedits-5pinkedits-8

Dress (Lilly Pulitzer) | Shoes (Lilly Pulitzer) | Watch (Michael Kors)

Everyone has that #GIRLBOSS dress and this one is mine! I’m sure that is no surprise for a girl who runs a blog called ThePreppyMAG. Though this dress is feminine, classy, and above everything else FUN I find it massively bold. Being bold and confident is DEFINITELY not easy in a fast-paced city that is seriously bursting with successful people. There are so many times where I’m feeling down and out because I’m not the best blogger on the street or the next one up for a promotion at work. But this dress puts all of those feelings to rest and makes me feel like I can do ANYTHING. Whether this is justified confidence or not, I’m going to take what I can get.

This is why I’m sharing a HUGE goal today. A goal to make ThePreppyMAG bigger and better than it has ever been in the last three years. Over the last three years, it has been a fun hobby and a great way to make some pocket change, but I’m investing heavily and making it a career. No, that does NOT mean I’m leaving my full-time job. It just means I’m pursuing my dreams.

When I graduated college I had a grand plan of working at an agency for no more than a year and then becoming a full-time blogger. Definitely, easier said than done. Two years later and I’m still working that same Social Marketing job, but wouldn’t change that for the world. I’ve become so passionate about my day-job that I could never even image leaving. Not to mention the amazing education it has provided me to be an even better player in the digital space.

I know this isn’t going to be an easy task and I know it will take dedication and A LOT of hard work, but I think I’m finally up for the challenge. I have my goals, my budget, my plan of action and I don’t want to say this too soon, but the timing finally feels right.

A lot of you have been following me from the early days, so I thank you for putting up with the week-long gaps of no content or the times I’ve been bi-polar with my content strategy. The timing is finally right and I know exactly what I want, so let’s do this!

pinkedits-6

Dress (Lilly Pulitzer) | Shoes (Lilly Pulitzer) | Watch (Michael Kors)

What I’m Wearing

Though I’ve owned this pink lace Lilly  quite some time, It is a classic style that Lilly continues to bring back each year (I actually own it in pink, green AND white). Nothing compares to the detail in this Battenburg lace and it surprisingly comfortable for long days at the office or special events like weddings or showers.

pinkedits-1

With a statement dress like this, I always sway towards more neutral accessories. Simple pearls and nude shoes go a long way when you are legitimately the brightest person on the subway (#NYCProbz). With only one week left of summer, I’m definitely taking advantage of all my brights before Fall is upon us. What brights are you flaunting this week?

pinkedits-7

Photos by Allie Provost

25 Comments on Becoming A #GIRLBOSS

1. kelsey
    August 29, 2016 at 9:44 am (1 year ago)

This dress is gorgeous! Good for you to be pursuing your dreams I think that it is amazing!
    Xo, Kelsey
    petiteinherpearls.blogspot.com

2. talsbeautyopinion
    August 29, 2016 at 10:06 am (1 year ago)

Love this dress and the colour looks amazing on you! Tal xo

3. Eryka
    August 29, 2016 at 10:10 am (1 year ago)

Omg you are adorable! I love the dress! What a fun pop of color!

4. kage2015
    August 29, 2016 at 10:17 am (1 year ago)

Really pretty pink lace dress, Love it has sleeves.

5. Sara Giboney @ Sweet Success
    August 29, 2016 at 10:43 am (1 year ago)

The dress looks amazing!! Good luck with your plan to do blogging full-time!! I also want to make my side hustle a full-time gig! Still working on it ; )

6. Elisabeth Wallace - The Abstract Life
    August 29, 2016 at 11:55 am (1 year ago)

Keep up the hard work! I know it can be hard to have “two jobs” with your beloved day job and your blog. Good for you though pursuing both your dreams and being your own #girlboss!

PS: I totally feel you about being the most colorful one in the crowd typically. I used to live in NYC and now live in Northern California (which is typically even more devoid of color than NYC fashion was, believe it or not). Love my black, whites, and neutrals…don’t get me wrong! But sometimes you just need some COLOR! Dress is super cute on you. :)

-Elisabeth
    theabstractlife.com

7. tootsmomistired
    August 29, 2016 at 12:27 pm (1 year ago)

OMG That dress is super cute and you’re an inspiration!

8. kayliz241
    August 29, 2016 at 2:53 pm (1 year ago)

Proud of you!!! I made a similar declaration when I decided to go back to school to pursue a dream of mine!! :) It is going to be hard work, but well worth it when you’ve achieved everything you want!!

9. Michelle Rogers, CPT
    August 29, 2016 at 5:24 pm (1 year ago)

The dress is beautiful and you look great in it! I’ve re-committed to my blog as well. So many things I want to do, so little time, but I’m going to do more anyway :)

10. Ellen
    August 29, 2016 at 7:59 pm (1 year ago)

Loving this pink dress! Best of luck to you in all of your blog endeavors. :)

Ellen | A Pop of Pink

11. She Saw Style
    August 29, 2016 at 8:58 pm (1 year ago)

You definitely look like a #GIRLBOSS. Way to put yourself out there and be bold and confident, gorgeous! You’ve got this!

Stephanie | shesawstyle.com

12. Dia All The Things I Do
    August 29, 2016 at 9:21 pm (1 year ago)

Love this dress! Best of luck on your goals. I am right there with you. It’s a lot of work but will be worth it.

13. lesleyanimalblog
    August 30, 2016 at 5:00 am (1 year ago)

I love this dress and the colours of the building make it look even more amazing :)

14. Anonymous
    August 30, 2016 at 7:08 am (1 year ago)

Simply beautiful

15. Tanvi Rastogi (@Tanviidotcom)
    August 30, 2016 at 8:42 am (1 year ago)

That’s a wonderful feeling when you know EXACTLY what you want. Looking forward to see what you do. Oh, and you look stunning. That’s a great #GIRLBOSS dress.

❥ tanvii.com

16. Emily Gannon
    August 30, 2016 at 10:34 am (1 year ago)

This dress is fab and those brownstone buildings!! Ugh — I love! Is this is the West Village? So pretty. Best of luck with your blog; I’ve been trying to grow mine into something bigger and better, as well!

xx emily
    baublesandbrunch.com

17. Jamie | Sugar and Wine
    August 30, 2016 at 12:41 pm (1 year ago)

First of all, I love that dress. It’s such a classic piece. Everyone needs a dress like that in their wardrobe. Also, big congrats on the goal setting and hustling. I’ve doubled down on my activity and work on my blog to turn it into a business too!!

18. Angie@chasingmyhalo
    August 31, 2016 at 4:04 am (1 year ago)

That dress is CUTE and your energy is contagious! Can’t wait to see what is in store for you :-)

19. kaleigh
    September 1, 2016 at 5:28 pm (1 year ago)

You are so cute!! and that dress looks great on you! Love the photos. I am going to have to really get my motivation up and get my life figured out! It’s not easy!