IMG_5684

Coat (Old Navy) | Scarf (Marley Lilly) | Leggings (Victoria’s Secret) | Boots (L.L,Bean)

IMG_5687 IMG_5689

It’s Monday and if you are an East Coaster, you may had to battle a storm that looked a lot like this, on Saturday. My Saturday was spent snuggling on the couch and eating Cinnamon Rolls, basically the best way to spend any snow day. We did however, venture outside to take a glimpse of the magical NYC in the snow! After braving the arguably worst part of the storm, around 3 PM, we arrived in Central Park and it was indeed wonderful.

It was so amazing to see how serene yet alive the city was. Though there were rarely any cars on the street, the streets were filled with excited New Yorkers taking in the worst snow storm they’ve seen in years. Once we made it to Central Park, after being blasted with snow and hail, I loved watching how New Yorkers found paradise and community. Parents built snowmen with their kids and young professionals instigated snowball fights, it was truly amazing to watch!

After two years living in NYC, making my way though the busy streets and closing down our favorite bars, I didn’t feel like a true New Yorker until this moment. I felt home.

IMG_5685

32 Comments on Braving The Storm

1. justalayna
    January 25, 2016 at 9:51 am (1 year ago)

I am so jealous! I’ve always wanted to go to Central Park in the snow. I ADORE your scarf by the way.

2. alannaandcompany
    January 25, 2016 at 10:11 am (1 year ago)

I’m down in DC and it was WILD here! My poor boyfriend had to work (because he works down the street) but I was definitely inside eating cinnamon babka.

3. Jenn
    January 25, 2016 at 10:20 am (1 year ago)

I just love a blizzard in the city when it shuts everything down for a bit! It’s always magical when there aren’t any cars on what’s typically a busy street.

4. Bree Aylwin
    January 25, 2016 at 10:28 am (1 year ago)

Looks like a winter wonderland! I think NYC would be magical all blanketed in snow.

5. Amy Jones
    January 25, 2016 at 10:35 am (1 year ago)

Great way to make it through the storm with style, great looks!

6. OnixJ
    January 25, 2016 at 11:05 am (1 year ago)

love love love the pictures! I am currently living in Texas and we don’t get snow :(

7. Rebecca
    January 25, 2016 at 12:19 pm (1 year ago)

WOW so much snow. I live in FL and am freezing with 47 degree weather. I can’t imagine snow everyday.

8. theclutterboxblog
    January 25, 2016 at 12:29 pm (1 year ago)

oh gosh! Good for you for braving it, I loved how your pictures turned out, but that is a lot of snow!

9. Natalie
    January 25, 2016 at 12:58 pm (1 year ago)

Wow, so much snow!! Looks like fun!

10. Emily
    January 25, 2016 at 1:40 pm (1 year ago)

Looks beautiful! No snow for me over here in Monterey, CA. But we are getting much needed rain. Yay!

11. caendicott
    January 25, 2016 at 2:39 pm (1 year ago)

Crazy person! Get back inside where it’s warm! (From the Floridian who can’t handle below 60 degree weather.)

12. jacquiodell
    January 25, 2016 at 4:00 pm (1 year ago)

That coat looks nice and warm!! I love how winter looks, but hate how it feels.

13. diadarling3
    January 25, 2016 at 4:40 pm (1 year ago)

Glad your survived the storm it looked so horrible. I’m in Texas and was running around with a cardigan on so I can’t image this kind of cold. While I actually hate the cold it is really beautiful and even better…cinnamon rolls! I spent my weekend running around doing maid of honor stuff and working an event for my boss… needless to say I need a weekend to recover from my weekend!

14. thecraftysideofsarcasm
    January 25, 2016 at 6:00 pm (1 year ago)

Yummy, cinnamon rolls sound so good right about now. Your outfit is so cute! I hope you guys stayed safe in all this snow.

15. mandabutler
    January 25, 2016 at 10:56 pm (1 year ago)

Jealous! Not only of Central Park, but also of the snow! I live in central PA and my area got less than two inches during the huge storm! Glad you got to enjoy it :)

16. Leslie Rossi
    January 25, 2016 at 11:04 pm (1 year ago)

fun! we haven’t had a blizzard in Vancouver for years and miss it! wishing everyone a safe snow day though!

17. Angie Scheie
    January 26, 2016 at 1:21 am (1 year ago)

It’s crazy how much snow you guys are getting right now! Your outfit looks super close. I was trying to get a closer look at the leggings and boots, but couldn’t quite see them. Stay safe and warm in that snow!

18. Stephanie
    January 26, 2016 at 6:08 am (1 year ago)

We got some snow, but nothing like this! How truly magical. I have loved seeing people’s posts enjoying the snow on the east coast. So pretty!

19. thebarbella
    January 26, 2016 at 8:17 am (1 year ago)

I just got my first pair of Vic Secret leggings and I am IN LOVE. They are so comfy and I’ve worn them to work in the coffee shop, to lounge at home, and to hot yoga. So versatile.

20. Valerie Robinson
    January 26, 2016 at 10:51 am (1 year ago)

These photos are great!!!!!! I can’t believe we got so much snow lol!

21. jsmakegreengogreen
    January 26, 2016 at 12:41 pm (1 year ago)

Totally! I’m in Washington DC and I’ve never seen anything like this here! Today was the first day I actually went out and about since the storm

22. Sequins in the South (@CarlsonLaci)
    January 26, 2016 at 1:26 pm (1 year ago)

Loving the scarf I’m in GA we can ver get snow and we did last week woosh I am definitely not built for that ! Lol

23. chrystievachon
    January 26, 2016 at 1:26 pm (1 year ago)

Loving this look! Stylish & cozy! :)

24. Julie Syl Kalungi
    January 27, 2016 at 4:27 am (1 year ago)

I don’t love blizzards, yet I love the sight of children’s faces wage the snow comes and they get to make snowmen and all kinds of games. It’s wonderful to see. Keep warm for sure.

25. Nicole
    January 27, 2016 at 9:27 am (1 year ago)

I stayed in all snuggled up. I had a 17th birthday but the client decided to reschedule for this week, which made me really happy.

26. Katina
    February 16, 2016 at 3:59 am (1 year ago)

The snow looks so beautiful on camera. I’m in Detroit so we are used to tons of snow but not quite like NYC