After a year in NYC I decided to move into my own studio apartment at the beginning of June. After a month of settling in and getting use to living by myself I’m finally ready to decorate! Right now my studio consists of a brown leather couch, my bed, a desk and a set of drawers-so I don’t have much to work with.
Of course I went to my own personal interior decorator for some advice- Pinterest! I made a Apartment Makeover board to help get all of my thoughts in order. As I pinned my days away I noticed a few trends that are clear must-haves!
1. Bar Cart: I’m sure you have already seen the bar cart take your news feeds by storm but I simply can’t live without one! I have had my eye on this fabulous Worth Rattan Bar Cart from Society Social.
This one being over $600 I’ve settled on the thought of a DIY bar cart- keeping this one in my dreams! My desk is made of all mirrors so I was thinking this silver DIY bar cart from Home Goods.
2. Blue & Navy Bedroom Decor: I’m still using my Lilly Pulitzer duvet that I bought when I was in college! As much as I LOVE it and may have a slight emotional attachment to it, I think its time to put this baby to sleep. My bedroom furniture is a bold grey suede and I was totally inspired my Lemon Stripe’s bedroom decor.
I’m excited to bring Navy into my bedroom and accent with a soft pink! I’m thinking peonies and antique jars may have to make an appearance.
3. Gallery Wall: I’ve seen multiple bloggers create gallery walls in their apartments and I’m in LOVE with this creative idea. It is easy, it gives you the opportunity to express yourself, and helps you look like you have your life together. This is where I’ll make sure my preppy lifestyle shines through! I have my eye on a few from the Design Darling Boutique.
4. Wall Paper: In my last apartment I was afraid to do almost anything! I just kept thinking about not getting that security deposit back but then I realized this apartment is meant to be lived in. This is why I’m in love with Urban Outfitters’ removable wall paper. I’m in love with this gold chevron look but I think I have to go with the Pink Damsel print, as it goes better with my furniture (we can file this under reasons Tom definitely won’t move in).
5. Organization: In college and even in my last apartment my stuff always found a way to my floor. I realized this is because I didn’t have a physical place for everything. I’m definitely a hoarder of all things sentimental, when I read a book I really love I feel like I need to put it on display! I need shelves, drawers, and a physical place to put my things otherwise I know they’ll be making a mess. I love how we can be organized yet extremely decorative.
This is only the beginning of all of the thoughts that I have running through my head! I’m giving myself until the end of the summer to get my apartment in shape! Have any apartment decor suggestions as I head into the journey?