Screen Shot 2015-05-21 at 11.08.51 PM

Leave Your Mark | The Girl On The Train | How to be Parisian Wherever You Are | The Defining Decade | Still AliceThrive

Ever since I was in middle school I made my own summer reading lists, it always helped keep my mind engaged while I was off from school. While that may not be the case anymore, I do want to strive to be a little more disconnected than usual this summer which means more reading and less perusing the news feed (s). I believe the best thing about reading is escapism, momentarily focusing on a life that is not your own. However, I’ve been meaning to get to a few books that I know could inspire me endlessly.  Here are a few of the books that I’ll definitely be getting to this summer!

Any other suggestions to add to the list?

17 Comments on My Summer 2015 Reading List

1. Meghan
    May 22, 2015 at 9:35 am (2 years ago)

This is so helpful! I’m always looking for a new book to read and sometimes the vastness of a book store or Kindle store is just never ending and makes it really hard to pick something. Thanks for the suggestions! Happy Friday!

xoxo,
    Meghan
    Southern Belle Secrets

2. Lora
    May 22, 2015 at 10:18 am (2 years ago)

I have “How to Be Parisian Wherever You Are” on my list RIGHT NOW! Just ordered it. :)

3. Lauren
    May 22, 2015 at 11:07 am (2 years ago)

EVERYONE is recommending Girl On The Train. I have to go this weekend to pick it up! It’s obviously a must-read! Thanks for sharing!

xoxo
    Lauren Ashley

4. How 2 Wear It
    May 22, 2015 at 11:11 am (2 years ago)

I’m adding “leave your mark” and “girl on the train” to my list. Can’t wait to read them!

-Morgan
    How 2 Wear It …

5. Mlle Parker (@IamMlleParker)
    May 22, 2015 at 11:32 am (2 years ago)

Great reading list. I will definitely add Leave Your Mark and The Defining Decade. Happy Friday!

6. Tatum Murray
    May 22, 2015 at 12:11 pm (2 years ago)

Love this! Summer is also the time when I try to disconnect a bit too and enjoy some reading for pleasure! Your list is going to be super helpful as I prepare my own! Thanks for sharing!!
    xo,
    Tatum
    thepaceblog.wordpress.com

7. avalentin574
    May 22, 2015 at 12:11 pm (2 years ago)

Once I’m done with Tanya Burr’s book, and Sara Dessen’s latest I am most DEFINITELY reading Still Alice and Girl on A Train! Great suggestions Best of luck to your summer reading!

8. Jordyn
    May 22, 2015 at 3:55 pm (2 years ago)

These are great choices for a summer reading list. I have so many books I want to read, you’re inspiring me to compile a little summer reading list for myself!

9. Annaliese
    May 22, 2015 at 9:51 pm (2 years ago)

I always recommend any books by Kristin Hannah! She’s one of my all-time favorite authors. She’s similar to Nicholas Sparks but I think the plots are much better and not as predictable (and also not always just love stories!)

xoxo A

10. Julia @ Pennies & Paper
    May 22, 2015 at 11:37 pm (2 years ago)

The Girl on the Train is on my list! My own summer reading list is very tentative and changing, and I’m currently reading three books and hope to finish them before I “officially” start my list…I may need to add the rest of these to it as well; they all look great!

11. michaelavictoria
    May 23, 2015 at 12:24 am (2 years ago)

These are great choices! I’ll have to add these to my list as well. I always need a book for the plane and I’ll be taking a trip soon!

Enter to win $25 dollars to the Mint Julep Boutique here!

Michaela || The Monogrammed Midwesterner

12. Annie
    May 24, 2015 at 10:38 pm (2 years ago)

The girl on the train is on my list too!! I definitely want to add a few of these to mine. Thanks for the wonderful suggestions :)

Annie N Belle

13. Jenny
    May 25, 2015 at 8:48 pm (2 years ago)

I want to read the first four books!
    I love making a summer reading list as well.

xoxo, Jenny || Breakfast at Lillys