GoodOlDays

Three weeks ago I sat on my couch all weekend, ate ramen for 3 days in a row, and perused the Lilly Pulitzer website as I planned for the week ahead of me in Vegas. I sat there with my credit card in hand and actually said out loud, “What is wrong with this picture.” As I continued to type in my credit card info and make my purchase I realized, “these are the good ol’ days” that my parents have told me oh so much about.

My parents always told me about the summers they spent partying in the Hamptons, the trouble they got into while vacationing, and the memories that will last a lifetime with friends that today I call aunt and uncle. Recalling these stories I realized that they all happened while in their twenties and they never mentioned what they ate for dinner. I realized that giving a little (eating ramen), gives you a whole lot.

So what does, “The Good Ol’ Days Mean?” It means you start to have “pinch me” moments and since moving to NYC about a year ago I have had plenty to count. No, I did not run into any celebrities or find myself partying  with the latest socialites. I found myself living in a high rise in Midtown Manhattan: PINCH ME! I’ve met Sex And The City-esque girlfriends, the ones that text you at 5pm. telling you its a margarita kind of day: PINCH ME! I have had my sorority sisters text me on a Monday casually mentioning a trip to Vegas and by Wednesday airfare was booked: PINCH ME! I get to sit at my desk at one of New York’s most renowned advertising agency and get paid to what everyone else does for fun, sipping a beer may I add: PINCH ME!

Seriously, I can go on and on about how the last year has far surpassed my expectations of post-grad life. However, this is not the only thing that goes into “The Good Ol’ Days,” it also takes some struggles. Like I mentioned above you may have to eat ramen for a few weeks to make sure you have enough to spend in Vegas. You may have to stay at work until 10 pm. because your the new guy and that is just how it works. Date nights may be few and far between. BUT when your bank account is reaching empty you realize that this is the one time in your life that all of your money that you make each day build the life that you want to live.

The last component of living “The Good Ol’ Days” is finally being you. In college I always worried what people thought of of me but since graduating I feel as if I have become a new person. A person who is focused on living a blissful life. So when push comes to shove, living “The Good Ol’ Days” means living a blissful life and doing anything in your power to get yourself there.

15 Comments on These Are The Good Ol’ Days

1. Rachel Martin
    April 29, 2015 at 6:13 pm (3 years ago)

This was easily the best blog post I have read in awhile. It really makes you think! I’m so glad that NYC has treated you well and that you’re having enough PINCH ME! moments to make up for the lack of mine.

Xo, Rach | Seashells + Sparkles

2. Jenny
    April 29, 2015 at 7:15 pm (3 years ago)

This was a really cool post.
    Your post grad life sounds pretty awesome.

xoxo, Jenny || Breakfast at Lillys

3. Meghan
    April 29, 2015 at 7:38 pm (3 years ago)

Congrats, this sounds lovely! I honestly don’t know if I’ll ever reach any Good Old Days status, but a girl can dream, right? Have fun in Vegas!!!

xoxo,
    Meghan
    Southern Belle Secrets

4. fairyprincessjord
    April 29, 2015 at 8:12 pm (3 years ago)

This is such a beautiful post that really rings true to the way I feel about life right now too (though i admittedly don’t live in NYC). Have fun in Vegas, the memories are worth a year of Ramen! (:

5. Pick Your Beau
    April 29, 2015 at 8:52 pm (3 years ago)

Seriously such a great post and so well written! You are totally right – these are the days! Have a great weekend in Vegas!

Pick Your Beau

6. avalentin574
    April 29, 2015 at 10:45 pm (3 years ago)

Lovely post and I definitely can agree with the good ol’ days sentiment. People talk up high school and college. Im still in college and drunken mishaps arent MY idea of fun soooo for me the good ol’ days will be me in disney over spring break next year and saving up for that. The good ol’ days will be impromptou picnics with my boyfriend while I still have a summer break. The good ol’ days is simply the freedome and plasticity of life before we’ve settled into routine and that is seriously amazing huh? Have tons of fun on your trip!

7. Tiffany Khyla
    April 29, 2015 at 10:51 pm (3 years ago)

I completely agree. I love being in my 20’s. I feel like it’s okay to sacrifice some things for other things like trips and unforgettable vacations and just making memories! I love this post so much.

8. Lauren
    April 30, 2015 at 12:15 am (3 years ago)

It might just be that I’m super emotional today but I cried reading this. This is the best post I’ve read all week. Thank you SO much for sharing. I’m hoping to have some pinch me moments soon. XO

9. Marie Goldstein
    April 30, 2015 at 3:41 am (3 years ago)

Love it! Just Love it! keep on living the good ole days! Love you…Mom

10. Lora
    April 30, 2015 at 10:49 am (3 years ago)

That’s what I love the most about my time when I’m in NYC. I love those moments! :) I’m so grateful for it and whenever I am away (like I am in Florida right this second), I can’t wait to get my butt back to the city! 😉

11. Annaliese
    April 30, 2015 at 10:24 pm (3 years ago)

Loved reading about your “pinch me!” moments! As I come to the end of my junior year of college I started thinking back on all of the phenomenal moments from my last school year. :-)

xoxo A