Hey Prepsters! This weekend I am starting a new column on ThePreppyMAG called “Prepping for Life” this will be a first hand account of a twenty-something facing the trials and tribulations that life is throwing at her. I would love to hear from my favorite prepsters so feel free to comment and share your thoughts!
So here it is I’m coming clean! I know you hate when I do these things but I’ll let you in on a little secret, I don’t care! These things are what make me, me.
1. I know a lot about the sorority rules and I will call you out for breaking them. In life you have to follow the rules that you pledged you would and I promise by doing so will make you a better person!
2. I instagram too many photos of my boyfriend and I doing cute things. I know it makes you want to vom because most of you have told me you hate me for it, you have stopped following me for it ect. Guess what?! I don’t care! At this time in our lives we are allowed to fall head-over-heels in love.
3. Good grades make me happy. Yes, getting a good grade on a test makes me high on life. This only happens because I work hard so I should celebrate hard work paying off. It is not called bragging if I show you how I got there.
4. I am always busy. Each week I have a strict schedule marked in my Lilly Pulitzer planner. If you don’t ask me to dinner/hangout/go to your event early enough I most likely already have somewhere I said I would be. It is not that I don’t want to sit on the couch and watch movies with you all day because trust me I do, I am just trying to make my life something I’m proud of.
5. I can shamelessly state all of these things. I know all of these things bother people and most of my close friends but I am not going to change because this is what makes me the person I am and I am proud of that. In fact, I would like to thank you all for bringing me down because without you I would never learn how to lift myself higher!
Everyone is going to talk but it is important to remember, if you are just doing you and they are still talking about you, you are doing it right.